The position will initially be unpaid, however once the amateur female competition is established in WA, this will be reviewed.
A number of expressions of interest have been received from potential players. Applicants should understand that many of these people have not played Australian Rules Football since they were in junior competitions, and some may not have played at all.
Thus, applicants should have read and be thoroughly familiar with:
These, and other relevant information, are available on line at the hyperlink below.
Applicants must be prepared to:
– Work alongside our existing coaching group, mentoring and growing the learning of people with potentially, a limited background in Australian Rules Football.
– Work alongside existing coaches of girl’s teams at Gosnells Junior Football Club and Huntingdale Junior Football Club.
-Thoroughly plan training sessions to meet the needs of all potential players.
– Be prepared to attend every training session.
– With assistance, build up a support group of assistants who may include a Team Managers, trainers, runners and water persons.
– Plan realistic goals that the team can accomplish.
– Possess values that will encourage and reinforce a positive experience for participants.
– Previous coaching or playing experience in the sport of Australian Rules Football is considered essential.
– Hold (or be prepared to obtain) a Coaching Accreditation at a minimum level of Certificate 1.
– Hold or be prepared to apply for a current ‘Working With Children’ Card.
Female Australian Rules Football is the fastest growing sport in Australia, with some Districts in WA recording growth in participation rates of 200-300% per annum.
A number of other Clubs have teams who have already commenced training and these Clubs are seeking to play scratch matches during 2017.
This an opportunity to get in at ground level and build teams from scratch.
Whilst it should be anticipated that this will be a very challenging position, Gosnells Football Club is prepared to provide all the necessary resources and support.
If you are interested in this position, please attach a resume and a short letter of interest and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org